The SMDP3 course provides participants with a practical perspective on how to recruit, select and interview the most qualified candidates for their team.
The course is designed to teach and provide opportunities to practice “fact-based” selection interviewing skills required by managers to hire and develop high performing field sales teams. Formats that guide the interview processes are provided that can be easily customized to the criteria desired by individual franchises. In addition, the course emphasizes the value of properly inducting and on-boarding new sales representatives.
To provide simulated opportunities to develop “fact-based” selection interviewing skills required by managers to hire high performing field sales teams.
Participants will have demonstrated their capabilities to execute the following in simulation:
- Hiring the Right Applicant by Following the Hiring Process
- Confirming Selection Criteria Consistent with Job Related Criteria
- Proactive, Fact Finding, Behavioral Interview Skills Using Interview Guides
- Evaluating Candidates and Assessing Risk of Hiring
- On-boarding, Goal Setting, and Training New Sales Reps
Ideal Participant Profile
Sales Managers and other personnel responsible for hiring and developing field sales representatives.
Blended Learning Support
- Facilitated Workshop
- Customized Selection Interviewing Formats
- Follow-up Conference Calls
- Individual Coaching
We have proven that the best way to determine improvement of new skills and knowledge is to measure progress toward objectives at routine intervals. We recommend measurement tools that serve to reinforce and track progress to mastery during training and post-training as well. The goal of routinely measuring progress is to recognize continuous improvement with positive feedback to the learner as well as provide opportunities for immediate corrective feedback as necessary.