Experience has proven that not all people who excel at selling products and services, are intuitively prepared to excel at creating the motivational environment necessary for successful new hire on-boarding.
The Train The Trainer 2 course provides participants with opportunities to share, learn and practice successful motivational approaches to producing performance changes that transfer quickly to the real world environment. This curriculum builds on the fundamentals of Field Training that are provided during the Train The Trainer 1 curriculum.
Participants will discuss and practice skills as they apply to case studies of common training situations that involve influencing thinking rather than telling new hires what to do in difficult to manage situations:
- Applying emotional intelligence to influence motivation of new hires that seem either willing or unwilling to progress to mastery.
- Maintaining a motivational environment of sincere mutual trust with new hires.
- Resolving common trainer/trainee issues through proactive listening, statements of clear expectations, goal setting and aligning accountability.
- Setting and keeping goals within new hire reach in order to consistently maintain positive feedback in balance with corrective feedback.
- Inspiring new hire confidence, sense of belonging and feeling of esteem throughout the training process by applying training, coaching and counseling models to common training situations in order to ensure progress to mastery with the training content.
- Using formal and informal metrics to confirm: a) trainee reaction to training, b) accountability for short term recall, and c) transfer of learning to the job.
Ideal Participant Profile
Field Sales Trainers who have practical experience with on-boarding several new hires into the sales force. Field Trainers who would benefit from elevating their coaching and mentoring skills in order to support individual rep development efforts.
We have proven that the best way to determine improvement of new skills and knowledge is to measure progress toward objectives at routine intervals. The goal of routinely measuring progress is to recognize continuous improvement with positive feedback to the learner as well as provide opportunities for immediate corrective feedback as necessary.
During the course, we customize measurement tools to your company’s needs that serve to reinforce and track progress to mastery during training andpost-training as well.
- Gap Analysis Worksheets
- Coaching Session Planning Worksheet
- Training & Coaching Checklist Reviews